The Tascam DR-680MKII portable multichannel field recorder features 6 mic/line inputs and digital input channels to allow for simultaneous recording of up to 8 tracks at 24-bit/96 kHz quality. Plus, when you don't need the digital input, a two-channel mix can be recorded to tracks 7 and 8 as a stereo track, with completely separate level and pan settings from the 6 independent tracks. Share a stereo mix immediately, while retaining the multitrack version for mixdown.
Tascam Premium HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) Mic Preamps
Microphone preamps have a significant impact on the quality of the recorded audio. The DR-680MKII has HDDA mic preamps - designed by Tascam with carefully selected components. Each HDDA mic preamp is built with a differential amplification circuit that employs discrete architecture, and made with parts selected for their audio quality. Additionally, these preamps also provide +48V phantom power.
8-channel Recording at 24-bit/96 kHz or Two Tracks at 24-bit/192 kHz
In addition to WAV format, this unit also records in BWF format - which stores the recording start times in the metadata. Using the WAV/BWF format, the DR-680KII can record 8 channels at 24-bit/96 kHz (6 tracks + stereo track) or 2 tracks at 24-bit/192 kHz.
The DR-680MKII is also capable of simultaneous recording of 4 channels in MP3 format at 96, 128, 192, and 320 kbps. This allows efficient control of file sizes when in situations requiring long recording times, and either stereo or mono file-types are selectable.
Digital Output and 6 Unbalanced Line Outputs
The unit has a built-in coaxial digital input and output (S/PDIF, AES/EBU) and 6 unbalanced line outputs. By connecting a mixer to the outputs, this unit can be used as a 6-track playback device.
Mid-Side Mic Decoding Mode
The built-in mid-side decoder enables use with mid-side stereo mics. The 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6 channel pairs can each be set separately. Decoding is possible during recording or when monitoring.
Cascade Function - Control Multiple Units
When using the cascade function, the master unit controls the REC/PAUSE start (front of unit) and the STOP and PLAY/PAUSE keys (on the top) from multiple DR-680mkII units at the same time.
The Gang function allows multiple linked channels to be controlled at the same time on the TRIM, PAN and LEVEL screens.
Rugged, Compact Construction
SD, SDHC and SDXC cards are used as recording and playback media, and the compact form offers excellent vibration resistance. Along with the included shoulder strap, this unit has a built-in folding stand for tabletop use, making operation easy in a variety of situations.
Tascam DR-680MKII Features:
- SD/SDHC/SDXC cards used as recording/playback media
- 6 balanced mic/line inputs (1-4: XLR/TRS combo jacks, 5-6: TRS jacks)
- 6 unbalanced outputs (RCA pin jacks)
- COAXIAL digital input and output (S/PDIF, AES/EBU)
- Recording/playback formats: BWF, WAV, MP3
- Digital inputs and outputs support double speed 96 kHz and quad speed 192 kHz
- Sampling frequencies: 44.1, 48, 96, 192 kHz (BWF, WAV) 44.1, 48 kHz (MP3)
- Quantization bit depth: 16/24-bit (BWF, WAV)
- 6 channels of TASCAM HDDA mic preamps for high audio quality with 48V phantom power
- Limiter and low-cut filter available on each mic/line input
- Built-in stereo monitoring mixer for headphone mix and/or recording
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- GANG function allows the input gain of multiple channels to be operated simultaneously
- Up to 1000 takes and 5000 files can be recorded on a single card
- Mark functi