The Tascam DP-006 Pocketstudio is a portable, battery powered digital recoder with built-n mics for recording anywhere, anytime.
Song ideas can happen anywhere with the DP-006. Jot down all of the key components to your songs using these professional sounding multi-track recorders. Be ready wherever creativity strikes. For elongated battery life these models can connect directly to TASCAM's external battery pack (BP-6AA) via USB.
Built-In High-Quality Stereo Condenser Microphones – For Easy On-the-Spot Recording
The DP-006 is built with two condenser microphones directly in the front of the unit. Record vocals or acoustic guitar anytime without the need for extra equipment or set-up time. The DP-006 was designed with a tripod mount for versatile set-up and placement.
Simple and Easy-to-Use Interface – Designed Like an Analog Cassette MTR
Optimally designed for on-the-spot recording. No unnecessary features were included that might complicate the recording to ensure easy functionality. Designed with Analog functionality and dedicated control knobs, these POCKETSTUDIOs are the simplest to use songwriting scratchpads on the market.
Ultra Light Weight Design – Carry It With You Everywhere In Your Gig-Bag
The DP-006 features an ultra light-weight design to ensure portability. The DP-006 is 0.8 of a lb.. (Without AA batteries)
Chromatic Tuner and Metronome Included
Both models include a fully functioning chromatic tuner and a metronome.
Two Analog Inputs for External Microphones and Electric/Acoustic Guitar, etc.
It has two input terminals on 1/4" phone-jack; these terminals provide external microphone connection or for an electric-acoustic guitar and a line-level devices.
Record to SD/SDHC Card (up to 32GB), High-Speed Data Transfer via USB2.0
Record to SD/SDHC card media (2GB card included). In addition, connect to a PC via USB2.0 for high-speed data transferring. All song ideas can be transferred via USB or SD card readers to and from the units at any point in the recording process.
Tascam DP-006 Includes:
- 2GB SD card
- AA battery x4
- USB cable (80cm)
- Warranty card
- Owner's manual
Tascam DP-006 Features:
- Up to six tracks recording (2 mono tracks+ 2 mono/stereo switchable tracks)
- CD quality recording (16bit/44.1kHz)
- Two tracks simultaneous recording/ six tracks simultaneous playback
- Dedicated stereo master track available
- Record to SD/SDHC card (Up to 32GB)
- 2 Built-in omni-directional condenser microphones
- Microphone sensitivity can be selected from 3-positions (Low/Mid/High)
- Two TS 1/4" mic/line inputs
- INPUT A can connect high-impedance instrument directly (Like an electric guitar)
- Independent LEVEL/PAN (BALANCE) knobs for each track
- 15mW/ch headphone output
- 128x64 dot-matrix LCD
- Four AA batteries operation up to 9 hours (When recording, using the eneloop battery)
- Optional AC adapter ready (TASCAM PS-P520)
- Can connect to an external battery pack (TASCAMBP-6AA)
- Tripod screw hole
- Direct locate function by jog-wheel
- Repeat playback between IN/OUT point
- Track edit functions (CLONE TRACK, CLEAN OUT, SILENCE, CUT, OPEN)
- Bounce function allows recording of more six tracks
- UNDO/REDO (UNDO HISTORY) function
- Chromatic tuner and metronome included
- High-speed data transfer by USB 2.0 connection
- Backup and restore songs
- File import/export by Wav format (mono/stereo)
- Export stereo master file as stereo wav format
- 2GB SD card included
Tascam DP-006 Specifications:
- Recording media: SD card (512MB-2GB), SDHC card (4GB-32GB)
- File system: TASCAM original (MTR partition) FAT32 (FAT partition)
- Input Connectors: 1/4" (6.3mm) TS-jack, UNBALANCED
- Input impedance: 10kOhms or more (INPUT A:MIC/LINE), 1MO (INPUT A:GUITAR)
- Nominal input level: -10dBV
- Maximum input level: +6dBV
- Headroom: 16dB
- Built-in microphones: Omni-directional condenser microphone x 2
- Line Out Connectors: 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini jack
- Nominal output level: -16dBV
- Maximum output level: 0dBV
- Headphone Connector: 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini jack
- Maximum output level: 15mW+15mW (THD+N less than 0.1%, 32 ohms loaded)
- Connectors: USB Mini-B type 4-pin
- Format: USB2.0 HIGH SPEED mass storage class
- Continuous battery operationtime:
- Alkaline battery (EVOLTA): About 8H (Using line input/recording), About 8.5H (Using headphone/playback)
- Nickel-metal battery (eneloop): About 9H (Using line input/recording), About 9.5H (Using headphone/playback)
- Power: Four AA batteries (Alkaline ornickel-metal battery), AC adapter (TASCAM PS-P520, sold separately)
- Power consumption: 1W (Maximum)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 6.10" × 1.63" × 4.21"
- Weight: 0.8 lbs.
- Backup memory: In the PREFERENCE, contents of "Repeat Int", "Auto Pwr Save" and "Contrast"
- Operating system requirements:
- Windows OS: WindowsXP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
- Macintosh OS: Mac OSX 10.2 or later
- Audio performance:
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz (+1/-3dB, INPUT (MIC/LINE) to LINE OUT)
- Distortion: Less than 0.05% (INPUT (LINE) to LINE OUT)
- S/N ratio: More than 81dB (INPUT (MIC/LINE) to LINE OUT)