The Shure SLX124/85/SM58 system includes an SLX2 Handheld Transmitter with an SM58 cartridge, an SLX4 Diversity Receiver, an SLX1 Bodypack transmitter, and a WL185 Lapel microphone. Due to its single-channel design of this system, only one transmitter (handheld or bodypack) can be used at a time while operating this system.
Professional sound installations as well as working bands require powerful wireless tools that can be set up quickly and used confidently. Shure's rugged SLX UHF Wireless Systems exceed these demands with innovative automatic setup features, like auto frequency scan and transmitter setup, exceptional wireless clarity, and of course, legendary Shure microphones. Supporting 20 compatible systems across multiple UHF frequency bands, the SLX series offers smooth integration into houses of worship, conference rooms, lecture halls, and mobile gear cases.
The SLX4 Receiver brings unprecedented ease of use to wireless with Automatic Frequency Selection and Automatic Transmitter Setup. With included rack hardware and detachable antennas, it's ready for immediate installation right out of the box.
The SLX2 comes with an interchangeable SM58® microphone cartridge, and features a timed backlit LCD display, frequency and power lockout, and Mute functionality.
The SLX1 Bodypack Transmitter is designed to hold up to the most adverse conditions. The SLX1 is the definition of reliability, whether used with headworn, lavalier, instrument microphones, or with guitars or basses.
The WL185 Cardioid Lapel microphone is recommended for general purpose sound reinforcement applications requiring good rejection of ambient noise. Use of windscreen is highly recommended. Pickup angle is 130 degrees.
Shure SLX124/85/SM58 Specifications:
- Operating Range Under Typical Conditions: 300ft (100m) Note: actualrange depends on RF signal absorption, reflection, and interference
- Audio Frequency Response (+/– 2 dB) Minimum: 45 Hz - 15 kHz (Overallsystem frequency depends on microphone element.)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (ref. +/– 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone): 0.5%, typical
- Dynamic Range: > 100 dB (A-weighted)
- Operating Temperature Range: –18°C (0°F) to +50°C (+122°F)
- Note: battery characteristics may limit this range
- Transmitter Audio Polarity: Positive pressure on microphonediaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) producespositive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low impedance output) andthe tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output.
SLX1 Bodypack Transmitter:
- Audio Input Level:
- -10 dBV maximum at mic gain position
- +10 dBV maximum at 0 dB gain position
- +20 dBV maximum at -10 dB gain position
- Gain Adjustment Range: 30dB
- Input Impedance: 1 Mega-Ohm
- RF Transmitter Output: 30 mW maximum (dependent on applicable country regulations)
- Dimensions: 4.25" H x 2.50" W x 0.75" D (108 mm x 64 mm x 19 mm)
- Maximum Input Level:
- at –10 dB gain setting: +2 dBV
- at 0 dB gain setting: –8 dBV
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10 dB
- RF Output Power:
- 10–30 mW
varies by region
- Dimensions: 10 X 2" dia. (254mm X 51mm)
Weight: 10.2oz. (290 g) (without batteries)
- Housing: Molded PC/ABS handle and battery cup
- Power Requirements: 2 "AA" size alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- Battery Life: up to 8 hours (alkaline)
- Dimensions: 1.65" H x 7.76" W x 5.28" D (42 mm x 197 mm x 134 mm )
- Weight: 1 lb, 13 oz (816 g)
- Housing: Galvanized steel
- Audio Output Level (ref. +/– 38 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone):
- XLR connector (into 600-Ohm load): -13 dBV
- 1/4 inch connector (into 3,000-Ohm load): -2 dBV
- Output Impedance:
- XLR connector: 200 Ohms
- 1/4" connector: 1 kOhm
- XLR Output, Impedance balanced:
- Pin 1: Ground
- Pin 2: Audio
- Pin 3: No signal
- Sensitivity: -105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: > 70 dB, typical
- Power Requirements: 12 - 18 VDC at 150 mA, supplied by external power supply