The QSC PLX2 series is a range of premium quality, high-power amplifiers designed for the most demanding live performance uses. Built on the third generation of QSC PowerLight® technology, PLX2 amplifiers combine light weight, superlative audio quality and proven QSC reliability. With power ratings up to 3,600 watts, PLX2 amplifiers are capable of providing plenty of clean, undistorted output to the most power hungry speaker systems.
The compact PLX3602 is for users who need to drive up to four loudspeakers from each amplifier channel (2 ohm loading), or when extremely high power bridge mono operation is required. These models feature built-in subwoofer processing, filter switches, and front panel indications of bridge mono status.
PLX2 series amplifiers have the refined, rugged good looks usually associated with high performance racing cars, competition bikes, professional power tools, and high power machinery. A solid, cast-aluminum front panel adds professional style to any rack while also acting as an integral I-beam, rigidly tying the chassis together for years of on-the-road reliability.
Additional mechanical touches such as the side stiffening rails, rear rack ears and cable tie anchor points attest to QSC's years of experience and attention to detail. QSC has even designed the integrated front handles so the amplifier slides into a rack without scraping the installers fingers on the rack sides. The exterior appearance of PLX2 amplifiers conveys what's inside - simply and truly, 21 pounds of the most advanced professional power amp on the planet.
PowerLight switchmode technology replaces a large, heavy AC transformer (typically 20 lbs. / 9 kg) with a highly efficient and lighter-weight active design. Conventional AC transformers provide 60 energy pulses per second. The PowerLight supply delivers 100,000 pulses per second. More pulses make it easier to provide on-demand power for the amplifier's output section. The power supply doesn't "sag" so bass notes stay full and powerful while the high end remains crisp and clean.
PLX2 audio power circuitry achieves performance normally associated with studio reference amplifiers. In order to reduce crossover distortion, precision bias tracking makes minute adjustments as amplifier temperature changes. The benefit is cleaner high-frequency and more consistent sound no matter how hard the amplifier is driven. The higher power models use QSC-exclusive class H output circuitry, a form of audio "turbocharging" that increases maximum power without affecting the basic audio quality.
- 8 ohms, stereo: 775W
- 4 ohms, stereo: 1250W
- 2 ohms, stereo: 1800W
- 8 ohms, bridged: 2600W
- 4 ohms, bridged: 3600W
QSC PLX3602 Features:
- Very light weight (21 lbs/9.5 kg)
- Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front, keeping the rack cool. Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that could become clogged
- Front panel LED power, clip, -10 dB, and signal present indicators for system monitoring and troubleshooting. 02 models also feature bridge and parallel mode LED indicators
- Speakon® NL-4 output connectors provide a positive-locking speaker connection. Ch 1 output uses all 4 wires for single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers
- 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment
- Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common input connectors and support loop-through operation
- Patented PowerLight power supply technology with other patents pending
- Speakon® NL4 and binding post outputs
- 100 Hz high pass and low pass filters for bi-amping subwoofer and satellite systems without the need for an external crossover
- Switchable/defeatable 33 Hz infrasonic filters protect woofers from over-excursion damage
- Switchable/defeatable clip limiters
- Four models with power ratings up to 1800 watts per channel @ 2 ohms, 3600watts bridged @ 4 ohms
QSC PLX3602 Specifications:
- Signal to Noise (20Hz-20kHz): -107dB
- Input Sensitivity @ 8 ohms: 1.25 Vrms
- Gain @ 8 ohms: 36 dB
- Output Circuitry: 2-Step Class H
- Distortion (SMPTE-IM): less than 0.02%
- Typical Distortion: less than 0.02%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz, -0.5dB
- Damping Factor: Greater than 500
- Input Impedance: 20k ohms balanced, 10k ohms unbalanced
- Input Clipping: 11 Vrms (+21 dBu)
- Cooling: Variable-speed fan, rear-to-front air flow
- Input Connectors, each channel: 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS balanced
- Output Connectors, each channel: Neutrik NL4 Speakonand Touch-proof binding posts (both channels available on Ch 1 output)
- Rear Panel Switches: Input Configuration: Bridge/Stereo/Parallel, Clip Limiters each channel, Filters (per channel): Top100 Hz HPF/Full/Sub 100 Hz LPF & 33 Hz HPF/Full (infrasonic)
- Front Panel Controls: Detented Input Attenuator: 0 toinfinity dB, Power On/Off
- Front Panel Indicators: Clip: Red LED; -10: Green LED; Signal (-35dB): Green LED; Power: Blue LED; Parallel: Amber LED; Bridge mono: Amber LED
Amplifier Protection: Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, infrasonic, ultrasonic, and RF protection; Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
Load Protection: On/off muting, DC-fault power supply shutdown
Infrasonic: -3 dB, 5 Hz
DC fault: Power supply shutdown
Ultrasonic: -3 dB, 85 kHz
Short Circuit: Cutback
Thermal: Muting at 90°C
Over Current: Active clip limiting; Power Supply Cutback
High Line: Standard +15%, survive +25%
Low Line: -33%
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.5" x 19" x 12.8", 2RU
- Overall Depth: 14.875"
- Weight: 21 lbs (net); 26 lbs (shipping)
- Agency Approvals: CCC, CB, CE FCC, KETI, cUL, UL
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed