Never resting in our mission to make life better for musicians, Fender created the short-scale Jaguar guitar in 1962. Originally released as their feature-rich, top-of-the-line electric guitar, it inspired the heroes of the musical underground and hit its stride with surf, punk and alternative guitarists. The American Original '60s Jaguar brings that supple sound and slinky playability to life again, slightly tweaked for a modern feel.
The wax-potted Pure Vintage '65 Jaguar single-coil pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. Fender kept the Jaguar's unique circuitry intact for this incarnation; the familiar lead/rhythm circuits are there, along with the bass-cut “strangle” switch. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware—including floating tremolo with lock button and push-in arm—vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood “breathe” naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
An inspiring instrument, the American Original '60s Jaguar is a great way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender the choice of axemen with attitude.
Fender American Original '60s Jaguar® Specifications:
- Series: American Original
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, ‘60s “C”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line “Fender Deluxe”
- Scale Length: 24” (610 mm)
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Eggshell (809, 857), 3-Ply Tortoiseshell (800)
- Pickups: Pure Vintage ‘62 Single-Coil Jaguar (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide Switch for Bass-Cut “Strangle” Circuit
- Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Brown Hardshell (Gold Interior)
- Weight: 24.1 lbs
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 45.3" x 17.4" x 6.3"