Breedlove's Solo Dreadnought is ideal for solo songwriting, but also perfectly suited to recording and performance with the warm voice and substantial projection. The solid Sitka spruce top is paired with an extra-deep sapele body to generate bright and clearly articulated single notes. Crafted to help players accurately hear their instrument when playing, the Breedlove Monitor side sound hole projects sound directly toward the ear, allowing guitarists to hear their performance with an entirely new dimension of clarity and detail. The Solo Concert includes a proprietary LR-TCV preamp with an LR Baggs Element pickup, a 3-band EQ, presence, phase, and a stealthy chromatic tuner.
Breedlove Solo Dreadnought Features:
- Body Shape: Breedlove set out to enhance the traditional dreadnought sound, and the results are evident. If you’re inspired by the familiarity of a dread, but are looking for more nuance and richness than usual, the Breedlove Dreadnought delivers. The shape is slightly more rounded than traditional dreadnoughts and produces beautifully full, punchy, and articulate tones. It also provides excellent projection and articulation, so it excels in any ensemble. The hand-graduated top provides the balance and clarity that make this one of the most innovative and expressive-sounding dreadnoughts on the market.
- Top Wood: The Sitka spruce is strong, light, and produces focused tone for warm sound.
- Breedlove Pinless Bridge: The Pinless Bridge maintains integrity of the top by eliminating the need for six drilled stringholes. This allows a more even sound wave without any loss of energy, and also provides a gentler string-break angle from the bridge to the top ofthe saddle to reduce saddle strain.
- Breedlove Neck: A slimmer neck profile enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. The adjustable play action andneck angle make for ideal playability.
- LR Baggs Stage Pro Pickup: The LR Baggs Stage Pro Electronics were engineered to mirror the soundboards actual movement as you play while a flexible film sensor two thousandths of an inch thick picks up the guitar's most delicate nuances for a more sophisticated sound.
Breedlove Solo Dreadnought Specifications:
- Body Type: Dreadnought
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Solid Wood Top: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- # Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Tuners Hardware: Chrome
- Lower Bout Width: 16"
- Waist Width: 10 5/8"
- Upper Bout Width: 11 5/8"
- Body Length: 21"
- Body Depth: 4"
- String: Gauge D'Addario EXP 16
- Pickup: LR Baggs Stage Pro
- Bridge: Pinless original
- Binding: Black
- Inlay: Offset Dots
- Case: Deluxe gigbag