Breedlove's Oregon Dreadnought sports a unique look, midrange fullness, depth, clarity, and the liveliness of locally sourced myrtle. The most accessible American-made platform for the Breedlove rounded dreadnought, it's voiced to project defined tone with volume and clarity and features a slightly rounded upper bout to provide a great sound chamber, and to be less restrictive for the player.
Breedlove Oregon Dreadnought Features:
- Body Shape: Breedlove set out to enhance the traditional dreadnought sound, and the results are evident. If you’re inspired by the familiarity of a dread, but are looking for more nuance and richness than usual, the Breedlove Dreadnought delivers. The shape is slightly more rounded than traditional dreadnoughts and produces beautifully full, punchy, and articulate tones. It also provides excellent projection and articulation, so it excels in any ensemble. The hand-graduated top provides the balance and clarity that make this one of the most innovative and expressive-sounding dreadnoughts on the market.
- Top Wood: The Sitka spruce is strong, light, and produces focused tone for warm sound.
- Back and Side Woods: Myrtlewood originates in the western United States in Northern California and Oregon, and offers a strong fundamental with a powerful voice. Like maple, it has a clear and bright voice with superb projection and sustain for a full and balanced sound.
- Breedlove Neck: A slimmer neck profile enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. The adjustable play action and neck angle make for ideal playability.
Breedlove Oregon Dreadnought Specifications:
- Body Type: Dreadnought
- Neck Wood: Hard rock maple
- Solid Wood Top: Solid Sitka spruce
- Solid Wood Back & Sides: Solid myrtlewood
- Top Finish: Semi-gloss with toner
- Fretboard: Ebony
- # Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Tuners Hardware: Breedlove, nickel
- Lower Bout Width: 16"
- Waist Width: 10 5/8"
- Upper Bout Width: 11 5/8"
- Body Length: 21"
- Body Depth: 4"
- String Gauge: D'Addario EXP 17
- Pickup: LR Baggs EAS VTC
- Bridge: Delta bridge, African ebony
- Binding: Black
- Inlay: Centered dots
- Case: Deluxe hardshell